Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WA Calamari Tournament 2009

Boohoo…

It was a week filled with mind blowing, never ending assignments. When was the last time I hide in my little study corner, over firing the neurons in my brains trying to tackle one assignment after another? Seems like a long time ago…

Photobucket

Alright on the 17th of May 7.30am, the day I’ve been looking forward to, the first WA Calamari Tournamentc 2009 held by Cockburn Powerboat Association kicked off. There were 3 categories; landbased, kayak and boat. Of course without a doubt, I was in the kayak category as I can't afford a boat and landbased sucks... LOL.

The day started really well for me, with me bagging out within an hour into the tournament. With an hour and a half more to go, I had the choice of letting the smaller squids go to upgrade the size of my catch. I would have gotten around 30+ squids easily within the 3 hours time frame.

Final result during the weigh-in for the heaviest weight of 5 squids…

I was 100 grams short of a top 3 placing. Can anyone imagine losing out by a mere 100 grams, the weight of probably a third of a small apple? Ouch, that was very painful for me. Arrggghhh!!!! I wouldn’t be complaining if I miss out say >500 grams.

There goes the Singapore flag on a foreign land. Haizzz…. Too bad they didn’t have a prize for bagging the most squids; otherwise I swear I would have gotten the first place.

Photobucket

Lesson learnt; always” discreetly” fill your catch container with some of water before weigh-in. That extra weight is bonus… LOL just joking.