Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jigs: Japanese?

Busy, busy, busy... I'll go straight into my reports. I've been lagging behind on my blog for a while.

On the XXth of May, Matts invited me onboard his outboard looking forward to more cepatport action in Cockburns Sound. White came along, hoping to nail one as well. Weather was perfect with the sound looking like a millpond, our hopes were high.

We hitted the weed patch and started drifting. Matts was showing me some $3+ squid jigs he got from BCF and wanted to try them out. Previously he had good success on my japanese jigs and was determine to outfish me this time with his own jigs. So the competition between the japanese and the $3 jigs begin.

White had a head, bagging a decent squid on the first drift. Matts followed with a better squid which pull the tele to a draw. I got mine straight after Matts.

Next drft saw many more squids coming which made score keeping really hard. Overall we were close to bagging the boat limit by the third or fourth drift and I have to insist that my japanese jigs perform beatifully, attracted plenty of squids and have a better catch rate... however it seems like Matts jigs resulted in some of the bigger catches that day.

Nextup we headed to the promissing spot, spot X near the channel marker, which previously resulted in some really good catches. Again this spot never fail with schools teaming up onces Matts chug in his secert berley mixs. Heaps of bread and butter fish were pulled from the location. Day ended with a health mix bag of seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment