Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Fish God granted me a PINK SNAPPER

The Fish God has shown a liking toward me for the whole of this week; from Australian Salmons to enormous Oceanic Black Ray. Today, he has granted me a legal size PINK SNAPPER on lure. Thank you very much!!!

Had a late night and a hangover on sunday morning, only manage to launch my kayak at around 9.45am 19th April. Reached woodies and i realised I've left my pedal (glad I'm a hobie owner, can still move) and my fishfinder at home. Thats a "nice" start, hac it.. I went ahead.

While heading out, I saw Herbs and Chris over at the seagrass meadows. Exchange greeting and was told that there was a handful of fellow yakkers out at the usual spot. Thats one situation where you dont want to join the crowd (so as to increase my odds). So I took out my gps and headed the opposite direction along the same dropoff.

15mins into my trolling, I notice a yellow yak not far from me (turn out to be Shorty). Continue trolling north until i was awaken by my drag.. the pleasantly sounded ZZZzzzz.... The pull was so strong it took some effort to get the rod out from the holder. By the time the rod was out, the fish had taken quite abit of line. Felt the head shake and knew i was onto sometime good. Safe played the fish until it was yak-side.

Oh so i've forgotten the net aswell. Gently having to slide my hand below the fish, with a quick lift it was safely in the yak.. another Yaaahoooo for this week. Obviously, after forgetting to bring so many things, i didnt have an icebox too so headed in immediately, reached carpark at 12pm. All in all it was a lucky day for me despite my odds.

Photobucket

ps. finally got my "red passport" to woodies.. and being my first, its my PB at 68cm to fork.

Regards,
Josh Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment